Objectives of the Mobilization and Proposal Development Committee
To support the UCCM in the oversight of resource mobilization through the following specific objectives:
- Support the UCCM to coordinate the development of resource mobilization proposals to be submitted to the Global Fund
- Support the UCCM to coordinate the re-programming of Global Fund grants
- Support the UCCM to mobilize resources for Global Fund programme activities for HIV & AIDS, TB and Malaria.
- Support the UCCM to harmonize Global Fund resource mobilization activities with other financing mechanisms for for HIV & AIDs, TB and Malaria
- Support the UCCM in the processes of selection of Principle recipients.
- Oversee national Global Fund grants absorption and utilization for resource mobilization purposes
- Oversee UCCM Funding absorption and utilization for resource mobilization purpose
Scope of Work for the Resource Mobilization & Proposal Development Committee
- Ensure that national needs and resource gaps for the three disease areas i.e. AIDS, TB and Malaria are identified.
- Lead the UCCM to coordinate the design protocols and procedures for the engagement of relevant constituencies in UCCM applications to the Global Fund
- Advice the UCCM on the content and quality of applications to the Global Fund
- Ensure that arrangement for technical assistance and technical working groups for proposal preparations is done.
- Ensure that needs and resource gaps for the UCCM work plan and budget are identified.
- Ensure that the budget submission of the UCCM Secretariat to the UCCM is reviewed and fine-tuned.
Specific resource mobilization tasks:
- Ensure that the UCCM resource mobilization strategy is developed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure that the annual resource mobilization work plan and budget is developed, reviewed and recommended for approval
Specific tasks related to proposal development include:
- Ensure that standard procedures for proposal development are developed, reviewed and updated.
- Form and facilitate proposal development teams and supervising the teams to ensure proposals are developed and submitted on time;
- Ensure that a proposal development road map clearly indicating activities, time frames, responsible persons, deliverables and resources requirements including the budget is developed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure facilitation of gathering of information required for proposal development and reviewing the programmatic and financial national gaps is achieved.
- Ensuring the proposals are submitted to the UCCM in time for review and submission to the Global Fund.